Work at Entelechy Therapy
Position Description: Early career and established psychologist encouraged to apply
Aristotle stated that Entelechy is the innate possibility within everything, and that potential needs only a supportive environment to be fully expressed. At Entelechy we embody this philosophy by offering a supportive environment which empowers clinicians and individuals to fulfil the potential they hold within.
Entelechy is a boutique psychology practice where all our team members are passionate about working with neurodiverse people and families to empower them to embrace opportunities and actively participate in their community. We specialise in working with individuals across the life span, including those who are autistic, have learning challenges, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Depression and Anxiety.
Our approach is to build skills and functional capacity by:
- focusing on a person’s strengths
- providing innovative evidence based practice interventions to address areas of need; and
- provide advocacy to help individuals access services in the community
What We Offer
As a Clinical/Educational Psychologist at Entelechy you will join a close team where clinicians are provided with a sense of autonomy but are also part of a supportive team. Our psychologists work closely with our highly motivated and supportive administration team. We take care of all the details of diary management, invoicing and other administrative jobs so you can focus on the clients and your clinical work. We offer:
- Generous and competitive renumeration
- A broad and extensive psychometric assessment library and access to online assessment platforms. We support our clinicians in updating our resources to suit their clinical needs.
- Generous professional development budget is allocated to clinicians to enable relevant CPD and learning opportunities that fit within their areas of learning needs and aspirations.
- A supportive professional environment with regular team meetings, and individual and group supervision. As a team we share skills, experiences and achievements.
- Talented and focused administration team that are clinician and client focused to ensure you are well supported to do your clinical work.
- Scope to follow your areas of clinical interest and provide an environment to enable you to work at your best.
- Flexible work environment with opportunities to work from home.
The model of care
Our practice framework or model of care incorporates a number of principles:
- The importance of a context focused approach to assisting our clients which means involving family or other significant supporters of the client in initial meetings and the assessment and treatment process
- Understanding the strengths and challenges of each individual and with a focus on mental health and distress as barriers to wellbeing
- Goal setting, skill building and improved function through community participation and independence
About the role
As a clinician at Entelechy you will:
- Provide best practice assessment and intervention services for neurodiverse people who are Autistic, have learning challenges, ADHD, challenging behaviours, anxiety depression and OCD.
- Conduct assessments using the most up to date, reliable and valid assessment tools including Wechsler assessments, Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale, Developmental Assessments and Behavioural Measures.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, support services and family members
- Provide ongoing liaison with GPs, paediatricians, teachers and other professional
- Complete assessment reports, letters, sessions notes, and scoring and interpreting psychometric assessments. These communications will be completed in a timely manner.
- Efficiently use a range of Microsoft Office applications, assessment platforms and practice management software.
- Embrace a team culture where you demonstrate an understanding of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to the team, fostering collaboration and an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings, individual and group supervision, and inform and formal professional development opportunities.
- Embrace actively contribute to our dynamic work environment where processes and procedures are ever evolving to remain relevant, up to date and client focused.
- Champion Entelechy’s mission and represented our team through blogs posts, presenting seminars and attending meetings and networking events.
- Protects clients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, health & financial information.
Knowledge and abilities
- Be passionate about working and collaborating with neurodiverse individuals across the life span and their family members.
- Experience in psychological assessments and interventions for neurodiverse individuals.
- Ability to assess functional capacity and implement interventions to build independence and confidence
- Excellent initiative and self-directed work practices
- Respond to demands quickly and efficiently and prioritising to pro-actively manage competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education, Qualifications and Certification
- Masters or Doctorate in Clinical/Educational Psychology
- Registration as a psychologist with APRHA
- Member of APS (or eligible for membership)
- Current National Police Record Check
- An employment Working with Children Check
Dr Sophie Banfield
A: Level 1, 199 Queens Parade, Clifton Hill, 3068