Entelechy is a boutique psychology practice with a passionate team that works with neurodiverse people and families. We specialise in working with individuals across the life span, including those who are autistic, have learning challenges, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Depression and Anxiety.
Our approach is to build skills and functional capacity by:
- focusing on a person’s strengths
- providing innovative, evidence-based practice interventions to address areas of need; and
- provide advocacy to help individuals to fulfil their goals
Model of Care
Our practice framework or model of care incorporates many principles, including:
- The importance of a context-focused approach to assist you, which means involving your family or other significant supporters in initial meetings, and assessment and treatment process
- Understanding your strengths and challenges, with a focus on mental health and distress as barriers to wellbeing
- Goal setting, skill-building and improved function through community participation and independence
Aristotle held that Entelechy is the innate possibility within everything and that potential needs only a supportive environment to be fully expressed. At Entelechy, we embody this philosophy by offering a supportive environment that empowers clinicians and individuals to fulfil the potential they hold within.
- Advocacy for individuals and their family, to assist each individual reach their potential
- Empathy in understanding an individual’s needs and empowering them to move forward
- Bravery in responding to challenges and speaking up
- Ethics and trust in our practice, and responsibility for our actions
- Mindfulness and embracing of an individual’s choice, cultural identity and diversity
- Enthusiasm about our practice, driven by our mission
Family and Person Centred
We understand each person and their family are at the centre of the therapy process. We partner with you and your family or significant others to ensure that your desired outcomes and priorities drive the planning and implementation of interventions. Our practice is knowledgeable and respectful of diversity. It provides services where possible that are inclusive of each person’s culture, ethnicity, race, language and stage of life.
Each person has their own strengths and ability to contribute to their family and the community. We provide interventions that will assist you in participating more fully in family and community life and seeking to increase your choices, opportunities and experiences. Our aim is for you to learn to translate and transfer these skills to your everyday life, whether it be out in the community, in educational settings or within the family home.
At our practice, we will endeavour to work together with you, your family and other professionals within your intervention team. We will share goals, intervention strategies and progress.
We are a team of practitioners with expertise and qualifications in our specialist area. Our therapeutic approach is based on best practice evidence-based research. The techniques used are back up by current research and evidence for specific areas of challenges, including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Verbal Dyspraxia
- Expressive and Receptive Language Delays
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
We are continually updating our knowledge to ensure we can offer high-quality services.
Therapy goals are based on you and your family’s identified areas for change. Therapy goals are based on achieving outcomes across your occupational, social and emotional functioning. We aim to set goals that are achievable and measurable.